If you want to create a blog, kick off a new side hustle or anything close to the topic, you need a website. Creating a website is an exciting process. And for that you need a company to host your website. We’ve created a list of 10 top hosting websites to help you make this process a little easier.
When you purchase a web host, you are acquiring server space on which to upload and store all of your website’s files. When an online user attempts to view your website, they send a request to your web host, who then delivers the desired files to the user. A reputable web host can help your online business by offering the following website-related services:
- High website speed and performance can help you increase incoming traffic and engagement.
- High website uptime: Your users should be able to access your website 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- 24/7 customer service: You can answer to any technical or non-technical questions or complaints.
- Cost-effective pricing ensures that you do not overpay for website hosting and other associated services.
- Every account comes with a free domain name.
- Speeds that are consistent across all international areas.
- Free use of the Zyro website-building tool.
- Excellent client service.
- Only advanced plans offer website backups.
- There are no advanced hosting features.
Hostinger is one of the most famous and most promising web hosting company. Shared hosting plans start at $1.99 per month and feature free weekly backups as well as adequate bandwidth for 10,000 visitors.
Normally, you must back up your site yourself or pay a fee, but Hostinger provides that for free.
The Premium Shared Hosting plan, which costs $2.59 per month, is the most popular. This allows you to host up to 100 websites and 25,000 visitors. You’ll also receive a free one-year domain name and a free Let’s Encrypt SSL certificate to help safeguard your website.
The premium shared plan also provides 100 GB SSD storage, which is quite enough for website contents. In case the storage runs short you can also upgrade to their VPS or cloud hosting plans
- Free SSL and Domain certificate
- 30-Day money back guarantee
- 24*7 customer support
- Plans are feature rich
- Live chat support
- Low prices
- Simple web dashboard
- Minimum one-year plans
Blue host provides vast range of plans and is easy to setup. This is the reason why it is the most commonly used hosting company.
It was started in the year 2003. They have low prices and a user-friendly interface that makes hosting a WordPress website simple. Bluehost can absolutely host other sorts of websites, but it is clearly designed to function best with WordPress.
Bluehost will usually take you through a job the first time you do it, such as setting up a blog or email account on your site.
If you are stuck or have an issue, they offer 24/7 phone or live chat help. They list their support phone number and live chat options directly on their website, so you can get help with only two clicks.
- In the past 6 months, they have delivered an amazing average speed of 288 ms.
- Reliable Uptime of 99.99%, the total downtime of their servers was 31 minutes while being a green hosting service.
- 24/7 Server Monitoring and Malware Scanning. Their data centers are also scalable, meaning you’re protected if a denial-of-service attack (DDoS) breaks out.
- Free Site migration on cPanel, if your websites have any other control panel than cPanel, they might take a small fee for the extra work.
- Domain Name is Not Free
- High Renewal Rates (And a 15-Day Deadline to submit cancellation request before the next renewal date.)
- There are multiple restrictions to that lowest costing plan. You only get a single website, 100 GB of SSD storage, and there are missing features like automatic backups and server rewind.
A2 Hosting has consistently delivered best-in-class speed for the last several years. They’ve also improved on server uptime, which is now very reliable. Moreover, all their shared plans come with a free SSL certificate and free site migration.
And if you run into issues at any time while being a customer, you can ask for a refund on the prorated balance of unused time.
We don’t like that renewal rates are high, and the strict terms after the initial period aren’t generous.
- Pings from US West and East were the best, respectively scoring 2 ms and 53 ms each, which makes them superb if you’re targeting American audiences. The worldwide average was 172 ms.
- Peering, they’ve teamed up with ISPs all over the world and peering exchanges to create direct data connections, which dramatically decreases data load speed
- 99.9% guaranteed uptime with an overall uptime of 99.98% in use.
- They’ve included BoldGrid, a premium site builder with pre-built customizable themes.
- Check out process, the process can be confusing and annoying. The company still uses call to confirm for new users.
- No Datacenter is Asia, this could be a major roadblock for south Asian countries like India which will be far from European as well as American datacenters.
- NGINX is a super popular server set up among most web hosts due to its contribution to the massive decrease in site loading speeds, but InMotion are yet to include them.
Their speeds have improved over the last time we tested them and took us by surprise. Their 2 datacenters are efficiently used to cover an international audience without sacrificing loading times and they even scored faster speed than closer datacenters with the help of peering.
The pros heavily outweigh the cons and we love their long list of features.
Their SSD storage is a huge draw. Throw in their other perks (unlimited emails, no downtime site transfers, free apps, unlimited bandwidth, etc) and it’s a no brainer that they are an excellent web host.
- 14 Days of Free Trial, sign up for a 14-day free trial and experience the difference between Managed WordPress & WooCommerce. There is no need for a credit card.
- Nexcess offers a 100% uptime SLA statement on its hosting services. It’s true based on our experience. This cloud hosting is scalable, secure, super-fast, and is perfect for WordPress and digital commerce platforms.
- The backup feature is available in the dashboard. You can restore your website any time within a click if any disaster happens.
- Content Delivery Network (CDN) service is included in every plan. By default, it’s 250 GBs without any additional cost.
- Nexcess does not offer free domain registration. However, paid domain registration is available.
- If you are expecting a standard 30 days money-back guarantee. You will not get it. The monthly options do offer a refund if canceled early.
- Nexcess does not offer dedicated IP addresses on the lower plans of the Managed WordPress platform. They offer a dedicated IP address on the Producer plan and above.
Personally, we recommend using them for the exceptional uptime.
Their speed, uptime, and support were all good. Moreover, they offer plenty of useful features with their managed hosting plans.
Also, they offer strong security options, a great uptime, plenty of WordPress premium plugins, and multiple tiers of hosting packages suitable for different customers. The pricing starts at $9.50/month.
Nexcess Managed WordPress Hosting really makes things faster and allows more concurrent connections with 10 base PHP Workers given in entry-level spark plan and those can scale up to 20.
- Money-back guarantee of 45 days
- Has numerous discount options and variable billing periods.
- All new accounts receive free migration services.
- When compared to other hosting services, the monthly rate is quite high.
- Additional services and aggressive upselling must be considered.
HostGator provides a comprehensive set of hosting services at an affordable price, with a 45-day money-back guarantee. Choose HostGator if you don’t require a sophisticated website.
referring to the typical business information website with products, services, “our story,” and so on. HostGator makes it as simple as possible for people to find you, view your portfolio, and sign contact forms.
HostGator provides a comprehensive set of technical support how-to instructions. If you can’t find the answers you’re looking for, you can contact phone, live chat, or email assistance.
Unlike some other providers, HostGator includes assistance with all of its plans. This is the host for you if you want a low-cost hosting package with support.
- Affordable pricing, economy plans starts at $4/month, registration starting at $0.99.
- Reputed service provider in domain registration and web hosting services.
- One-click WordPress installation available.
- GoDaddy has offered numerous advertising credits for new accounts that sign up for web hosting. This includes $100 for Google AdWords, $50 for Bing or Facebook.
- There is a restoration fees for restoring websites and can go as high as $300.
- he internal speeds of GoDaddy are not always the best, simply because of the size of GoDaddy.
- The economy plan doesn’t allow for unlimited websites. Although Windows or Linux are available for WordPress even on the economy plan, you only get to have one website and 100 GB of storage.
Everyone who’s not a complete neanderthal would have heard, or have some sort of experience with the GoDaddy brand by now.
The company was found in 1997 by Bob Parsons and currently has over 20 million active users, in 2013, GoDaddy became the largest I-CANN accredited domain registrar in the world.
They’ve got the largest piece of the pie in terms of market share with 62 million domains hosted, and has become the web hosting giant to beat.
They have now expanded in many directions and offers services like professional emails, Web Security, WordPress, ecommerce and VPS.
- Eco-friendly web hosting provider. For every amperage they pull from the grid, they claim to match 3 times that in the form of renewable energy via Bonneville Environmental Foundation and plant one tree for every hosting account provisioned.
- 30 days money back guarantee.
- 99.9% uptime guarantee.
- Beginner friendly interface.
- No 24/7 support, their phone lines close at midnight EST.
- They use shared hosting service so they have the right to place temporary restrictions on your project if you use up excessive resources.
Check out GreenGeeks for feature-rich and feel-good hosting. Whilst their big USP is 300x energy-efficient hosting, they also offer impressive speeds, excellent support, excellent reliability and features perfect for beginners and small-to-medium sites.
They have an overall uptime of 99.99% with 50ms latency in USA.
They offer lite, pro and premium models for web hosting starting at $2.95/month with features like multi-user access, on demand backups, WordPress repair tools, Dedicated IP, AlphaSSL and Object Caching.
- Strong uptime, 99.97%
- Free SSL Security. An SSL certificate is needed to have an HTTPS website. If your URL starts with HTTP, Google will actually mark your site as unsecured.
- Free Domain and Email account.
- User friendly interface.
- Account Registration Only Possible in Limited number of Countries, you can’t avail their services in China, Egypt, Morocco and many European countries.
- Average latency of 700+ ms, and site speed is the fourth most important SEO ranking factor, behind only site security, crawlability, and mobile-friendliness.
- No free website transfers.
ONOS (previously known as 1&1) is a web hosting service that includes several website tools.
They cover most of the hosting options available, such as shared hosting, VPS hosting, WordPress hosting, cloud hosting, and more.
With shared hosting their services start at as low as $0.50 per month, making it one of the cheapest options available.
- Money-back guarantee of 97 days
- Unlimited data storage and bandwidth.
- Unlimited number of websites that can be hosted on the same account
- 24-hour customer service
- Certain of the hosting options in the dashboard may be charged extra.
- Call-backs from support employees may be charged extra on some of the specified plans.
Dream Host provides excellent month-to-month prices as well as excellent hosting performance.
In fact, their monthly rates begin at $1.99/month However, This package offers one website with unlimited traffic and unmetered bandwidth, as well as a free SSL certificate—a fantastic value.
DreamHost also provides one-year and three-year contracts starting at $2.95 per month, allowing you to save more money in the long run. Even though it isn’t the cheapest option on this list (see Hostinger for the cheapest contract hosting plans), it is still a decent price.
I definitely suggest DreamHost if you run a nonprofit. For 501(c)(3) nonprofits, they provide one free unlimited shared hosting package. That is an unbeatable deal.
It’s also an excellent choice for WordPress hosting. DreamHost is one of three WordPress-approved web providers, and they also offer managed WordPress hosting through DreamPress. That is one of the easiest ways to manage a WordPress site.
Note – This review is written by our expert reviewer based on their research. If you are the business owner and have questions about our review, don’t hesitate to contact us for corrections.