Recruiting a lawyer is an individual decision; however, it is vital to recollect the significance of having quality legal representation when there are lawful results like fines or time in jail on the line.
Certain individuals select to address themselves if they are confronting a less significant allegation named an infringement, similar to a traffic ticket. Different charges are more substantial offenses and crimes. In those cases, looking for help from a guard lawyer can assist you with finding out about the charges and deciding the most ideal ways to construct a case that declares your honesty or looks for a decrease of charges.
Thus in the event that you are accused of a wrongdoing, you reserve an option to guard yourself against those charges. In such cases, a criminal defense attorney can assist you with exploring through the law enforcement framework, plan and state your legitimate safeguard, and guarantee your privileges are safeguarded in the interim.
Confronting addressing from police, an appointed authority, or an examiner all alone can be intimidating. Luckily, criminal safeguard lawyers handle these collaborations professionally. They collaborate with police, examiners, and judges consistently. These expert connections can help create your legal protection, explore jury choice, arrange a supplication deal, and push for you at preliminary or during condemnation.
Criminal defense lawyers focus on protecting defendants’ rights and helping them build defenses that reduce the negative consequences of being arrested. Within the criminal defense practice, an attorney might choose to sub-specialize on specific types of crimes. For example, some defense lawyers might only handle cases involving drug charges, violent crimes, federal charges, or sex crime charges. By specializing in very specific areas, the attorney usually has the time to build strong knowledge and experience defending against these types of charges.
Now today, we’re going to discuss one such renowned criminal defense attorney who is claimed to be an expert in his field.
David Benowitz, born May 4, 1969, in Leonia, New Jersey, is an American lawyer and has been a partner of the law firm Price Benowitz since 2001, after serving as a public defender in the District of Columbia. Benowitz is a criminal defense and personal injury lawyer who has made multiple appearances in national print and television media.
Benowitz graduated from the University of Pennsylvania with a B.A. in History in 1991; after that, we found the knowledge that David obtained his Juris Doctor from George Washington Law School, where he was involved in the D.C. Law Students in Court Program. He was also a member of the George Washington Law Review and Moot Court Board. David went on to Temple University, where he received an LL.M. in Trial Advocacy in 2006. Upon graduation from school in 1995, he worked as a Staff Attorney for the Public Defender Service for the District of Columbia, recognized as the top public defender’s office in the nation, until 2001.
- The first case he worked on that received media attention was his successful defense on another case of the woman against whom sportscaster Marv Albert was charged with misdemeanor assault and battery counts. The Washington Post in 1997 documented how Benowitz’s client was accused of making phone threats, but the prosecution dropped the case, and the Superior Court judge dismissed the charges.
- In 1998, Benowitz defended Michael Renardo Thomas, a teenager who participated in a carjacking that involved stabbing a female victim multiple times and then locking her in the trunk of her burning car. Benowitz asked the court to sentence Thomas under Washington’s Youth Act, which would allow for an earlier release from his sentence if he showed progress in jail. Benowitz described Thomas as “a tremendously disturbed young man who faces enormous issues in his life” but not a “malicious sociopath.”
- In 2009, Benowitz commented to Associated Press World stream regarding the arrest of an illegal immigrant from El Salvador in the murder of federal intern Chandra Levy. Benowitz stated that he would question the witnesses’ motivation for cooperating with police and inquire about the circumstances under which they were interviewed.
- In 2010, Benowitz explained the legal aspects of faulty and improperly calibrated blood alcohol content measurement devices to the media.
- In July 2011, Benowitz appeared with Chuck Todd on The Daily Rundown (MSNBC) to speak at length about the sentencing phase of the Casey Anthony trial, noting now “notoriously difficult” probation is in the state of Florida.
- In January 2012, Benowitz defended Washington D.C. city politician Kevin B. Chavous against a misdemeanor charge of soliciting a prostitute, which was dropped by the prosecutor. The prosecution dropped the charge, with Benowitz telling The Washington Times, “The government, to their discretion, chose to drop the charges. There will be no finding of guilt and absolutely no criminal liability for Mr. Chavous.
Price Benowitz is a Washington, DC-based law firm. David Benowitz founded it after his career as a public defender in the District of Columbia.
The firm cites expertise in criminal defense, personal injury, medical malpractice, and immigration law. The firm counts former State’s Attorney and politician Glenn Ivey as a partner since 2017.
Well, according to reviews, we understand that.
David Benowitz and his firm are the best strategic and compassionate teams you will get to work with. Mr. Benowitz and his team are diligent and proactive, which is further enhanced by David’s methodic and strategic approach to law.
Another review stated that
“David Benowitz heads a law office comprised of highly intelligent, knowledgeable, and thorough attorneys. Everyone is personable and will go the extra mile to defend you.”
Well, overall, we get the idea that Mr. Benowitz is not only passionate about his work but also never fails to win the said cases and provide the clients with a profitable result.
Note – This review is written by our expert reviewer based on their research. If you are the business owner and have questions about our review, don’t hesitate to contact us for corrections.
If you have recent experience with this business or product and want to write a review about Lawyer David Benowitz, Add your Review